Flipboard Session @ iPad Conference ISKL Malaysia
Flipboard is an App for iPad that allows the user to create & read digital Magazines. These digital magazines are a great resource for classrooms that used digital content. You can follow other users in your PLN, use existing magazines on your favourite topics, and collaborate with others in a project. Using Flipboard can make your learning environment change.
- Curate articles, concepts, multimedia for your courses.
- Turn your content into “Magazines” your students can read.
- Bring your Social Media together in one space.
- Students can document ideas for research projects.
- Embed your Magazine into your course website.
- Save new content you come across in your feeds for later.
This session is a starter to using Flipboard. It will help teachers to enhance their courses, by helping them to create their own magazines, which could turn to their own custom 'textbooks'. A team of teachers can collaborate in a common magazine for the team on a topic. Have a common research task in class? Why not have students 'flip' relative information into a magazine for each other to use?
The iPad makes it easy to use, flip, and share. Flipboard helps to keep it organised. I will help
teachers to get started and use this versatile and free, cross-platform, application. I will share links to magazines, and show how to embed magazines into your favourite web platform.
Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine by Flipboard Inc.